File puptcrit/puptcrit.0605, message 21

Date: Sun, 7 May 2006 14:15:10 EDT
Subject: Re: [Puptcrit] What is this in English?

Mary, the Englsih word for it is French-- it's a planchette.   The English 
and Americans have given it other names, I believe, but planchette is still 
official as far as I know.

I was going to say it's a very, very old style of puppetry, but then, what 
style or form of puppetry isn't very old?

Sean K.

In a message dated 5/7/06 1:55:32 PM, writes:

> I should know the answer to this, but I don't.=A0 A fellow from Italy
> has written to me asking what this type of puppet is called in
> English.=A0 I uploaded the picture he sent here:
> Thanks for your help.
> Mary

List address:
Admin interface:


Driftline Main Page


Display software: ArchTracker © Malgosia Askanas, 2000-2005